Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mentoring young people

The New Year 2012 brings with it so many new possiblities and opportunities. When asked just before midnight what my New Years resolution was I have a few goals whilst leaving others to formulate as the year moves on.
My original and first thoughts are always 'to ensure that I don't waste the year'. Fairly broad in the concept of resolutions, but most of my life I want to feel some sort of personal and professional goal(s) have been acheived, otherwise, what's the point!
This also includes my time in giving back to society in whatever form I can beit volunteering, mentoring or my role as a lecurer in instilling and giving back confidence and self-awareness to young people.
The latter role is one I am very passionate about as I see a number of young people come through my door that have been told they are worthless, disrespectful, have no voice and are not listened to. Having stumbled on this career a few years ago, I now believe my journey has reached its pinnacle in this is what I am meant to do, teach and mentor young people.

The fact is, I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment